NTG Full Form | Full Form of NTG
NTG Full Form - Nitroglycerin
- NTG stands for Nitroglycerin.
- It's a chemical (Yellow Liquid) that's used in medicine as a vasodilator and as dynamite for demolition purposes.
- As a vasodilator, it's used to treat various heart conditions like angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
- It's produced within the form of tablets, sprays and patches. It belongs to a class of drugs referred to as nitrates.
How it works
- When enough blood isn't flowing to the heart due to any reason, NGT helps dilate the blood vessels to improve the blood flow to heart.
- It dilates the arteries within the heart (coronary arteries) to improve blood flow. As the blood starts flowing smoothly, it reduces angina (chest pain) and stress on the heart.
- Nitroglycerin is available in quick-acting forms and long-acting forms. The quick-acting forms include tablets and sprays.
- These forms are used to relieve angina and just before the activities which will cause angina like exercising, playing, walking uphill etc.
- The tablet is placed under the tongue or is often placed between the cheek and gum. The spray is sprayed onto or under the tongue.
- Long-acting forms are wont to prevent the probabilities of angina.
- They're not suitable for sudden symptoms of angina. These forms are available within the type of pills, tablets, skin patches and skin ointment.
Common Side Effects
- If any of those symptoms become severe, consult your doctor immediately.