DPI Full Form in Computer | Full Form of DPI in Computer
DPI Full Form - Dots per Inch
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following DPI related questions: full form of DPI , full form of DPI in computer , what is the full form of DPI , DPI full form , DPI full form in computer
Dots Per Inch
- DPI stands for Dots per Inch.
- It's a measure of the density of a print or video image, i.e., the number of dots which will be placed in a line within a distance of 1 inch or 2.54 cm. Technically it means printer dots per inch.
- In computers, DPI refers to a measure of the sharpness on a monitor, and in printing, it's a measure of printed image quality on the paper or the printer resolution, which indicates the number of ink dots that a printer can place in one square inch.
- The more dots per inch, the higher the resolution.
- DPI is widely used to evaluate the standard of the digital photo printing and to point the standard of the printer.
- The number of various colored dots which may fit into a one-inch space provides information about the resolution of a picture. So, the resolution of the printer or a scanner is measured in dots per inch.
- For example, a printer with a resolution of 400 means it's 400 dots during a row across as well as in a row down.
- If the dots are more per inch, the space between dots is going to be less, and thus color droplets could mix easily to supply high-quality images. So, the dots printed by a printer should be close enough to make a photograph.
- The closer they are, the sharper the image, therefore the DPI should be high if you would like to print clear and sharp images.