BASIC Full Form | Full Form of BASIC
BASIC Full Form - Beginner's All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
Beginner's All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
- BASIC is one of the simplest and earliest high-level programming language supports in all operating systems.
- John G. Kemeny and Thomas E. Kurtz designed original BASIC language dartmouthBASIC in 1964, with the aim that each one students should be ready to use the computers in every field.
- As at that point, use of computer requires custom software which wasn't easy to learn for ordinary people.
- With the introduction of BASIC, people started developing custom software on their personnel computer for his or her business, profession, etc.
- Nowadays, BASIC is used to teach the BASICs of programming. It uses numbers like 10, 20, 30 within the starting of every line to process the instructions.
- QuickBASIC (QB) is that the compiler for the basic developed by Microsoft in 1985 which runs mainly on DOS.
- DartmouthBASIC was implemented under their direction by a team of students of Dartmouth College. It had been mainly designed for the people that weren't from the mathematical background.
- Earlier it had been made available free of cost for the language to become popular. To promote the language among students they made it available in schools. In 1960s it became chargeable.
- Visual BASIC (VB) came into existence in 1991 by Microsoft. It had been an evolution of quickBASIC including many other languages.
- BASIC, treated as a beginner's language was helpful in creating small applications and was considered very much stable.
- Microsoft introduced vbscript in 1996 and Visual BASIC .NET in 2001 which resembles Java and C# but have syntax that of original BASIC language.
Earlier Versions and Modern Versions