CGPA Full Form | What is the Full Form of CGPA
CGPA Full Form - Cumulative Mark Average
- Cumulative Mark Average is a educational grading system.
- It is used in schools and colleges to measure overall academic performance of a student.
- Students are allotted with grades (A, B, C, D, or F). It's an average of grade points obtained for all semester after the course completion up to a given academic session.
- GPA (Grade Point Average): it's also a grading average but, it's used to specify just for one term.
- Different countries have their own grading standards. India's grading system is based on percentage.
|90% to 100%||O or A+||Outstanding|
|70% to 89%||A||First class|
|50% to 69%||B+||Second class|
|40% to 49%||B||Pass class|
How to calculate percentage from the given CGPA
- The percentage of marks are often calculated as follows:
- Subject wise percentage of marks = 9.5 * GP of the subject
- Overall percentage of marks = 9.5 * CGPA
- If a student have got total 9.6 CGPA, it means his/her total percentage of marks : 9.5 * 9.6 = 91.2%.
Advantages and Disadvantages of CGPA
Advantages vs Disadvantages of CGPA
Advantages of CGPA
- The pressure of Score Reduced :
- The grading standard of education has reduced the scoring pressure of students, which makes them learn with none pressure.
- Grading Pattern is Advanced :
- The grading standard of education is based on a marking pattern that's advanced.
- Identification of Weakness and Strengths :
- The grading standard of education helps the students to spot their weaknesses and strengths.
- Studies became Easier :
- The grading standard of education has made studies easier and simpler in some ways.
Disadvantages of CGPA
- Performance Decreased :
- Due to the grading standard of education, children are likely to perform less.
- Demotivation :
- The grading standard of education demotivates the students who achieve higher as compared to those that achieve less because they are available equally in percentage classification.
- Increase in Lethargy :
- As grading standard of education has separated the marks among different tasks like assignments, presentations, and final exams, there's a rise in laziness due to lethargy in students.
- Result Accuracy :
- The grading standard of education is found deficient in showing the precise results of students.