KBPS Full Form | Full Form of KBPS
Kbps Full Form - Kilobits per second
Kilobits per second
- kbps stands for kilobits per second. It's a typical unit of data transfer rate.
- It measures the speed of data transfer over the networks (internet) in terms of kilobits per second, i.e. a measure of bandwidth on a data transmission medium.
- It's widely used in the data communication sector to measure the speed of knowledge transfer. One kbps is equal to 1,000 bits per second.
- It means 200 kbps can transfer 200,000 bits in one second.
kbps is different from KBps. KBps stands for Kilobytes per second. The letter "b" represents bits and letter "B" represents bytes. One byte is equal to the 8 bits. Technically, kbps is that the decimal kilobit unit, while KBps may be a binary kilobyte unit. So, kbps is spelled with a lowercase "k".
- The other standard units to measure the speed of data transfer are Mbps (Megabits per second) and Gbps (Gigabits per second).
- In terms of measurement, the kbps, Mbps and Gbps are related as shown below;
- 1 kbps = 1000 bits per second
- 1 Mbps = 1000 kilobits per second
- 1 Gbps = 1000 Megabits per second