BOI Full Form | Full Form of BOI
BOI Full Form - Bank of India
Bank of India
- The full form of BOI is Bank of India. BOI may be a commercial bank with its head office is found in Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex Established in 1906, after nationalization in 1969, it’s been government-owned.
- As of 31 March 2019, BOI has 5,316 branches, with 56 branches outside India, comprising five subsidiaries, five representative offices, and one joint - ventures.
- BOI may be a founder partner of the Society for Interbank Financial Telecommunications Worldwide (SWIFT), which promotes the delivery of cost-effective money processing and transmission facilities.
A brief history of BOI
- On 7 September 1906, the BOI was created by a group of prominent businessmen from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Until 19 July 1969, when it had been nationalized alongside Thirteen other banks, the bank was under private control and ownership.
- The Bank has expanded steadily over the years, beginning with one office in Mumbai with a paid-up capital of roughly five million & fifty employees, and has flourished into a powerful institution with a big national existence and substantial overseas operations.
- The Bank holds a major role among the banking institutions in terms of market size.
- The bank has more than 5,100 offices in India, including specialized branches, distributed across all states/union territories.
- These divisions are governed by fifty-four zonal offices. There are sixty offices, five branches and one international joint venture.
- The Bank’s first public problem came out in 1997 and followed the positioning of qualified institutions in February 2008.