USSD Full Form | What is the Full Form of USSD
USSD Full Form - Unstructured Supplementary Service Data
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following USSD related questions full form of ussd , full form of ussd code , ussd full form
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data
- USSD stands for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. It’s also called as QuickCodes or Feature codes.
- It’s a communication protocol used by Global System for Mobile (GSM) cellular phones to speak or send a text message from a mobile phone to an application hosted by the mobile operator.
- In short, it's a service that's used by GSM-based mobile phones to speak with the network operator's computer.
- USSD is the session-based protocol in which a real-time session is established between a mobile handset and network operator's computer.
- It’s like Short Messaging Service (SMS); the only difference is that the USSD transactions occur only during the session (real-time) between the parties involved, unlike SMS.
- It’s a two-way communication of the information that continues as long as the connection remains open.
- USSD is used for a large range of purposes like prepaid callback service, location-based content service, WAP browsing, mobile banking services, mobile chatting, and more. You’re using a USSD service once you dial a number that starts with * and ends with #.
- For example, for mobile banking services, you wish a smartphone with an internet connection. But, for USSD service you do not need a smartphone and internet.
- You only have to be compelled to dial the number given by your service provider, which starts with * and ends with #, from your mobile phone and registered mobile number for basic mobile banking services like to see balance, mini statement, etc.
- USSD codes are connected to a bank's server and thus provides access to your bank account.