ACC Full Form Cement | What is the Full Form of ACC Cement
ACC Full Form - Associated Cement Companies
- Here, you’ll get the solution of following ACC related questions: full form of ACC , full form of ACC cement , what is the full form of ACC , what is the full form of ACC cement .
Associated Cement Companies
- ACC stands for Associated Cement Companies. ACC limited formerly referred to as the Associated Cement Companies (ACC).
- It’s the foremost manufacturer of cement and ready-mixed concrete in India. Its headquarters is found on the Maharishi Karve Road, Mumbai which is additionally referred to as Cement House.
- It has 17 state-of-the-art cement factories, around 60 ready-mixed concrete plants, and a huge distribution network and sales offices across the country.
- Since its inception, it's been a trendsetter and renowned benchmark in cement and concrete technology. As of October 2017, MrNeerajAkhoury is that the MD & CEO of ACC limited.
- Vision :
- To be one among the reputed companies in India recognized for challenging conventions and delivering on our promises.
- Portland cement
- Premium cements
- Bulk cement
- Ready Mixed Concrete
- Ready Mixed Concrete Value Added Products
Key Products-Associated Cement Companies
- ACC Ltd was incepted because the Associated Cement Companies Ltd in August, 1936 by the merger of ten existing cement companies.
- In 1944, it established India's first entirely indigenous cement plant at Chaibasa in Bihar.
- In 1956, it found out a bulk cement depot at Okhla in New Delhi.
- In 1965, it established Central Research Station at Thane.
- In 1973, it acquired the Cement Marketing Company of India.
- In 1978, it introduced precalcinator technology for the primary time in India.
- In 1982, it commissioned its first 1 MPTA plant at Wadi in Karnataka. Within the same year, it established Bulk Cement Corporation of India through a joint venture with Govt. of India.
- The house of TATA was associated with the company till 1999. It sold its 7.2% stake within the ACC to Ambuja Cement Hodings Ltd in 1999 and therefore the remaining stake to Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd.
- In 2003, IDCOL Cement Ltd became a subsidiary of the corporate which was renamed Bargarh Cement Ltd in 2004.
- In 2004, it had been recognized as Consumer Superbrand by the Superbrands Council of India.
- In 2006, Damodhar Cement & Slag Ltd, Bargarh Cement Ltd and Tarmac (India) Ltd merged with the corporate and Associated Cement Companies Ltd was renamed ACC Ltd with effect from September 1, 2006.
- In 2008, its concrete business was hived off to a new subsidiary called ACC Concrete Ltd.
- On July 7, 2008, it established ACC Cement Technology Institute at Jamul.
- In September 2009, it installed a coal washery in Jamul.
- In 2010, it commissioned the 2.5 MW wind mill project in Maharashtra.
- In 2011, it received the ISO 9001-2008 certification from Det Norske Veritas (DNV) AS Certification Services.
- 2010 : It entered its platinum jubilee year and have become the primary company within the cement industry to achieve this status. During this year, it also received the FICCI Award for 2009-10.
- 2011 : It installed world's largest kiln at ACC Cement Plant in Karnataka with a capacity of 12,500 tonnes per day.
- 2012 : ACC introduced M-100 grade concrete for the development of high-intensity towers. It also became the primary cement company in India to introduce the use of radio frequency Identification Device (RFID) and GPS to improve turnaround time of trucks.
- 2013 : ACC won CII-ITC Sustainability Prize and ranked as Most Admired Company of India within the cement sector by Fortune India and Hay Group India.
- 2014 : It launched Waste Heat Recovery System (WHRS) at Gagal, a very important step towards energy conservation.
- 2015 : It established two waste pre-processing plants at Wadi and Kymore to enhance the usage of industrial waste.
- 2016 : ACC received the Silver Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting for its Annual Report 2014 from the ICAI.
- 2017 : ACC won the "Silver Award" for excellence in Financial Reporting for its Annual Report 2015 from the ICAI.