EWS Full Form | What is the Full Form EWS Category
EWS Full Form - Economically Weaker Section
- EWS stands for Economically Weaker Section. In India, EWS may be a subcategory of individuals who belong to General Category and have an annual income but Rs. 8 lakhs and don't belong to the other reserved category like SC, ST, OBC.
- A candidate whose family's income is more than prescribed limit (8 lakhs), are going to be considered as a candidate from the overall category, but not from the EWS category.
- The definition of EWS has been given by the govt..of India, and it's different from Economically Backward Class (EBC).
- The definition of EBC and Most Economically Backward Class (MEBC) vary in several states and institutions.
- The Central Government has recently introduced 10% reservation quota for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of General Category candidates.
Eligibility for EWS Quota
- You are eligible for EWS Reservation, if:
- Your family income is a smaller amount than Rs. 8 lakh per year
- Agricultural land is a smaller amount than 5 acres
- Area of the residential flat is a smaller amount than 1000 sq. ft.
- Area of the residential plot less than 100/200 sq. yards
- Therefore, the eligibility to get the EWS certificate isn't supported one factor. It's going to consider your annual income, held property, residential flat, EWS.
- The income limit is set by the central government for the scholars to get admission to central government-owned colleges and jobs offered by the central government.
- A government may set a special income limit for candidates seeking admission within the state-owned colleges and government jobs through reservation under EWS category.